Who was the youngest Spurs player to score in the Premier League?
The youngest ever Spurs player to score in the Premier League is Andy Turner.
Andy scored in a league clash with Everton on September the 5th in 1992 – the year the Premier League began. To be totally accurate, Andy Turner scored this goal when he was 17 years and 166 days old.
Younger players have scored since Andy Turner
It has been 26 years since the conception of the Premier League, and as you might expect, Andy Turner or Tottenham Hotspur – no longer holds this record. There are in fact, five players above him who scored Premier League goals at a younger age than Andy. They are:
- Michael Owen – who scored for Liverpool against Wimbledon when he was 17 years and 144 days old.
- Cesc Fabregas – Fabregas netted for Arsenal against Blackburn at 17 yrs and 114 days old.
- Wayne Rooney – Rooney was the first player to score whilst he was 16. 16 years and 351 days to be exact.
- James Milner – He scored for Leeds at the age of 16 years and 346 days.
- James Vaughn – Vaughn currently tops the list as the youngest ever scorer. On the 10th April 2005, Vaughn scored for Everton against Crystal Palace at the tender age of 16 years and 270 days old.