Spurs New Stadium Latest Photos and Videos
Browse through all the latest photos and videos that document the construction of Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium here in the gallery. The Northumberland project is in full swing as we come to the end of the 2017/18 Premier League season, and you can see the improvements the dedicated construction teams are making in time for the stadium’s grand inauguration. Alternatively, head over to our ‘live video’ page, where you will be able to see the construction of Spurs New Stadium in real time as a result of constant live streams set up by the club. An official opening date has not been disclosed, however the new Spurs stadium will be open and ready for use ahead of the 2018/19 Premier League campaign. In the gallery, you will find images representing the club’s vision for its luxurious dining facilities, which will be exclusive to certain hospitality options and club memberships.
Spurs New Stadium: Fun Facts
As excitement continues to build around the stunning new stadium that is currently under construction, we have collated a few fun facts about the new home of Tottenham Hotspur. The stadium really is a marvel for the modern age of stadia design, and these fun nuggets of information detail accurately how impressive the new stature is.
- The pitch at Spurs new stadium will be 105m x 68m. This is a far larger pitch than the pitch at White Hart Lane, which was measured out at 100m x 67m. In fact, the new measurements are much closer to the Wembley pitch, which Spurs have been playing on for the entire 2017/18 campaign. The Wembley surface is 105m x 69m
- The floors of the various concourse areas in the stadium are made up of crushed aggregate that was salvaged after the demolition of White Hart Lane. A nice touch from the club which will no doubt be respected by the fans, many of whom hold the Lane in fond memory.
- Once the stadium roof has been lifted and secured into place, its total weight will exceed that of a blue whale’s five times over. It will approximately weigh 600 tonnes.
- The club plan to build a microbrewery within the stadium – which will allow the Tottenham Hotspur staff to pour an incredible 10,000 pints a minute. Plenty of beer for everyone!
- The club store on site is set to be the largest stadium merchandise store in Europe.
- The new stadium will also have its own bakery on site.
- The stadium will have nine floors, 729 staircases, and a ‘skywalk’ attraction where spectators will be able to walk around the perimeter of the building.
- Roughly 72,000 square metres of concrete will be poured during the construction process.