Spurs have recently released further transfer updates, which follows the announcement of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg’s signing last week.
It has been confirmed that former Burnley and Manchester City goalkeeper, Joe Hart, has joined Spurs on a free transfer. Also, Oliver Skipp will join Norwich City on loan, and Luke Amos heads over to Queen’s Park Rangers.
Follow us here, and on our social media channels for all you need to know about Tottenham’s transfers so far, and potential transfers for Mourinho’s men.
It was confirmed yesterday that goalkeeper, Joe Hart, would be joining Spurs on a free transfer, signing a two-year contract.
The 33-year-old previously played for Burnley but only made three appearances for the club last season, being the second-choice goalkeeper behind Nick Pope. He first joined Burnley in 2018 for a reported £3.5 million. Following his brief involvement with the club, Burnley decided not to extend his contract at the end of last season.
Before his time with The Clarets, Hart joined Manchester City in 2006 with several stints on loan at clubs such as Tranmere Rovers, Blackpool and Birmingham City but was eventually dropped by Pep Guardiola in 2016.
Hart completed his medical for Spurs last Monday and is very much looking forward to joining the squad. The goalkeeper took to Instagram to share his delight, stating ‘I’ve got so much more to give in this game and I look forward to doing it in a Spurs shirt.’
19-year-old, Oliver Skipp, is joining Norwich City on loan for the 2020/21 season, having signed a new three-year contract with Spurs on 17th July 2020.
Skipp joined Spurs in 2013 as a youth, signing his first professional three-year contract in 2018. During the 2019-20 season, he made 11 appearances for the club.
The Central midfielder stated “I’m delighted to sign for Norwich. It’s a club that’s looking to go places.”
23-year-old Luke Amos will be heading over Queens Park Rangers, signing a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.
Having spent all of last season on loan with QPR, the midfielder is now looking forward to joining them permanently.
Taking to Twitter, he stated ’14 years at Spurs has come to an end. A big thank you to all the staff and players who have helped me along the way. Excited to see what the future holds.’
Tottenham have signed Pierre Emile Hojbjerg for an undisclosed fee. However, it is said that Spurs initially made an offer of £15 million for the Southampton midfielder.
The Danish footballer has agreed to a five-year contract with Spurs and will wear the No 5 shirt, taking over from Jan Vertonghen.
Kyle Walker-Peters will be heading over to The Saints for £12 million, having joined on loan in January.
Since Hojbjerg made it known that he was looking elsewhere in June, both Everton and Spurs quickly showed interest. It’s reported, however, that Hojbjerg had his heart set on Spurs from the very beginning.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is a 25-year-old Danish Midfielder who has spent the past five years playing for Southampton on an estimated £12.8 million deal.
He made his Premier League debut on 13th August 2016 where Southampton drew 1-1 against Watford and has since made over 100 appearances for the Saints.
At the age of 17, he joined Bayern Munich, making his professional debut on 13th April 2013. His performance made him the youngest to play for the Bayern Munich first team in the Bundesliga.
The midfielder was stripped of his Southampton captaincy in June and was replaced by James Ward-Prowse after revealing that he would not sign a new contract.
Hojbjerg is said to be very proud and excited to begin his new journey at Tottenham and said that he could see himself remaining at the club long term.
‘What was very important to me is I wanted to play in a club where I could see myself for many years. Tottenham was the one. I’m very proud, very happy, excited’ said the midfielder. ‘I think there’s a fantastic future ahead for the club and I wanted so much to be a part of that.’
What other transfers do Spurs have lined up?
Following the signing of Pierre Emile Hojbjerg and Joe Hat, Jose Mourinho is said to have sights on further players. The manager initially stated that he didn’t believe that Spurs could compete with some of the larger clubs within the Premier League. Despite this statement, he still has eyes on a select few players.
Last season saw Spurs spend over £100million. Post COVID-19, this figure is likely to be significantly lower, especially as Tottenham have recently taken out a £175million loan.
It’s rumoured that Mourinho has his eyes on a right-back, a centre-back, an attacking midfielder and a versatile forward.
Following in the steps of Kyle Walker-Peters, it is likely that Serge Aurier will also be out the door to make room for new players. Aurier will undoubtedly be looking for a higher fee than Walker-Peters, having made 33 appearances in the Premier League this season.
Further rumoured players to be exiting Spurs include Erik Lamela, Juan Foyth, Danny Rose and Cameron Carter-Vickers.
Please keep your eyes peeled as we will be providing additional updates on Spurs transfer news as soon as further details are released.
We can’t wait to see what the final Tottenham line up will look like and look forward to some intense football action from Mourinho’s men very soon!